Vitalik gets in on smart cities and local currencies

Local crypto according to Buterin

According to Buterin, these cryptocurrencies should meet at least three of these points:

• Act as a sustainable source of income for the government.
  • Facilitate economic cooperation between residents and the city.
  • Promote savings and wealth creation for all stakeholders.
  • Encourage social initiatives throughout the city.
  • Reduce wealth inequality.

Regarding the last point, Buterin proposed that the vast majority of the newly issued city tokens go to residents as a form of universal basic income. The Ethereum co-founder criticized current economic mechanisms for favoring “the rich over the poor.”

5 Likes

I agree with the Ethereum co-founder! Crypto investment scheme is getting very dirty and is not an equal opportunity for all people. The governments everywhere, but especially in third countries want to keep people poor.

3 Likes

I think Intercoin hits at least 3 here if not 4 with our applications; we have inequality reduction, social initiative incentivization, and promoting economic cooperation.

4 Likes

Now how to contact Vitalik?

4 Likes

Run into him at a conference, @ him on twitter, many ways

2 Likes

Vitalik is not like Eric Adams, if your idea is good he may actually engage w/ it

4 Likes

What’s his email? Post it here.

3 Likes
  1. Email: vitalik@ethereum.org.

Worth a try? :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

If you reply to him on Twitter quickly and thoughtfully I think that may be the best shot

3 Likes

Intercoin definitely hits more than 3 of these points that Buterin stated for local crypto. Intercoin has everything a local crypto needs!

2 Likes