Breaking News for Crypto: PayPal will Open Up Networks to Cryptocurrencies

Did you hear the news? Are you as excited as I am?

PayPal Holdings Inc said on Wednesday it will allow customers to hold bitcoin and other virtual coins in its online wallet and shop using cryptocurrencies at the 26 million merchants on its network.

The ability to make payments with cryptocurrencies will be available from early next year, the company said.

Cryptocurrency users went crazy with tweets and posts as soon as they heard the news.

Like this wasn’t enough, the latest news is that Bitcoin breaks above $12.5k after PayPal confirms Venmo to become btc wallet as well.

Last week we heard news that nearly $900 million in VC went to crypto companies in the third quarter alone of 2020.

This news was launced right after i posted on the forum about how we kept seeing news that more and more VCs are investing in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency companies.

I think is pretty clear why we are seeing this pattern in 2020 where many countries or towns are expecting to have a deflation on their currency or are struggling economically and will be looking at digital currencies as an alternative to help increase their economy so they don’t end up in bankruptcy.

What are your thoughts on the topic?

7 Likes

This is definitely a big step for cryptocurrency! I think that investors have realized the potential of crypto and PayPal seeing this increased interest expanded its services to include online coins. Wise decision on their part!

4 Likes

I totally agree @Kelsia. I also believe many countries or towns are predicting bankruptcy, deflation of their currency so they are preparing and looking at other virtual currency options that can help boost their economy.

2 Likes

Want to hear the thoughts of some of our users @Crypto_Tie_Guy @ELENA_RIVERS @Norman @Marjus @shkelzen_cakeri @MartinB @richard_martin_patton @kevin_stoerck @Todd_Rooke @Alejandito60

4 Likes

This is big thing. It means that Cryptocurrency is expanding its routs on right direction. This Pay Pal’ decision will draw attention of everyone, especially to Investors in the crypto space.

5 Likes

that’s true. I am excited to see what is coming up in the next months

4 Likes

That’s amazing I think this is great news for all crypto fans.

4 Likes

Totally agree @Arjeta.

2 Likes

That is really a “News of the year for crypto world” as it is a great opportunity for masses who do not trust crypto exchanges for buying cryptos. PayPal will be a trusted app which offers a safe platform to own and store cryptos.

2 Likes

The main point is that Bitcoin is going into masses and cryptocurrencies adoption is an inevitable fact now.
Who can even think differently after PayPal will allow customers to shop using cryptocurrencies at the 26 million merchants on its network?

2 Likes

Totally agree. it definitely changes things even though there are still limitations.

2 Likes

The revolution starts with us. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

3 Likes

So did this happen? Did PayPal start accepting payments in Bitcoin and other cryptos?

4 Likes

I will have to look into this because I accept payments through PayPal and if I can accept crypto then I need to know my options.

3 Likes

Please keep us posted as I can’t use it in the UK yet but I know that in some states it’s really available.

3 Likes

I know venmo has the option now that you can trade dollars in crypto and invest…not sure how it is going with PayPal. To think that PayPal Still has a lot of restrictions and flaws on just regular transactions …with crypto in the mix might be a mess

1 Like

We will Elena :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Even though I feel sometimes UK learns it first haha

1 Like